fullsizeoutput_e347

fullsizeoutput_e347

The Treasury of the Athenians at Delphi was built (c. 507 – c. 470 B.C.E.) to house the war booty captured from the slaughtered Persians; the building was excavated by the French archaeologist Pierre de La Coste-Messelière
(1894 – 1975) and reconstructed between 1903 and 1906 — pictured as of May 22, 2011. (Mark Cartwright / Ancient History Encyclopedia)

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply